A documentary film I've been assisting with off and on for the past 9 (!) years is finally close to completion. And filmmaker Mark Kitchell (Berkeley in the 60s) has thought about this labor of love for even longer than that. It is called Fierce Green Fire. I'll let his email plea tell the story below, but we've launched a Kickstarter campaign this month to raise funds to help complete the project. Gotta raise $50K or he'll see none of it. So, give if you can. It's going to be a really important and timely film.
- keeping editor Ken Schneider working for 6-8 weeks finishing a fine-cut
- sending a colleague to Brazil to film the last interviews -- with Marina Silva,
- environmental hero and presidential candidate; and Mary Allegretti, the anthropologist who discovered and worked with Chico Mendes
- archival research and mastering, paying the rest of the Fierce Green team
- and other expenses like travel to Hot Docs Forum, a premier pitching event.